Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kate is TWO

Katherine Ann


Kate...oh Kate!

  You are TWO....

You are two in every sense and meaning of the word!

You are sweet with a whole lot of sass.

I can't believe that you are so big now.  I remember going to the hospital to have you like it was yesterday.  I know every mommy says that....but I really do!
You have the prettiest blonde hair that lightens in the sun...the type of blonde hair that mommy pays Claude lots of money for.. You have piercing blue eyes and big full lips.  
Your poor dad will surely be chasing the boys off before we know it.

You are SASSY and independent.  Your favorite words are "Kate's" and "No" You are not real big on the whole idea of sharing quite yet...

You love your playroom...which is always a disaster! You play kitchen, dollhouse, dress-up, and baby dolls.  I hear you in your playroom singing to your baby dolls.

You love being outside.  Your sand and water table is one of your favorites, and there is always a fit when it's time to leave the park.

You eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast with your "bunny yogurt" and "yellow juice"

When asked who your best friend is, it is always Minnie Mouse followed by Abby after a little prompting from Mommy and Daddy

You LOVE, and I mean L-O-V-E Minnie Mouse.  You are starting to branch out a little with Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Nemo, Princess Sophia and a few others, but Minnie will always be your first love.

You can throw a tantrum, and I mean the limp noodle, leg throwing, blood curdling scream tantrum.  You have it perfected! I mean, what else is a girl to do if she's not getting her way.  Sometimes I wish I could throw one with you.

Your blankets have to be placed on you in a certain order before you can go to sleep, and that is AFTER we brush teeth, talk for awhile, read A LOT of books, and say our prayers.

You love bathtime! You squeal and splash.  The bathroom and everything in it is drenched by the time we're finished.  You run in the other room and cuddle with us in your towel so you don't get "COLD" as you say. You then make me massage your feet with lotion 

You are a character, always good for a laugh, my sunshine, my world, and most importantly...my heart.

You live life with such vibrancy! 

I love watching you explore and learn about new things.  You are so inquisitive...everything must be touched!

You have no fear...except for the occasional truck driving by while we're in the backyard.  

I love you more than you will ever know.  I love kissing your adorable cheeks, and brushing back your soft hair.  

I love how you run into our arms every time we come home like we've been gone for days

I love the way you call my name

I love the way you bring me something you found just to show me

I love how you need kisses on every bump and bruise before you can carry on

I love the way you crawl up in my lap and want me to read you a book...the same book...10 times

I love how you play with my hair when I'm rocking you to sleep

Sometimes when you're asleep your dad and I sneak up just to take one more look at you.  

You are PERFECT...just pure perfection 

I know one day you will be a teenager that is too cool to be seen with Mommy and Daddy

So for now, I will savor every tantrum, every kiss, every hug, every breath, and every passing minute because I know this won't last forever... 

AND

I want to REMEMBER every ounce of it!
I love you my sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. WOW...great reflections honey!
    I love you my sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written about a beautiful little girl. Love :)

    ReplyDelete